In order to make your Member experience even better, we are launching an exciting upgrade to our main operating systems this October.
By improving our processes, technology, and systems behind the scenes, we will be able to provide you with more efficient and frictionless service-whether you choose to bank with United in person or remotely.
If you have not already enrolled to become a United Member, there is still time to join! Click here to become a Member.
account conversion process
United will launch an upgrade to our main operating system in October 2021 to further enhance our service to you!
Prior to the Account Conversion, you will receive new checks and debit cards as well as detailed information about your accounts, services and benefits, and how to prepare for the upcoming system upgrade.
During this time, many services will be limited or completely unavailable. Specific information will be communicated in future updates.
what will happen
There will be several important details to keep in mind for the system upgrade, and you will find them listed here in future updates. Here’s what to expect right now:
- While the name of your checking or savings account will change, your account numbers will stay the same.
- In late September—between the 20th and 27th—you will receive new checks and debit cards in the mail if you previously had these with the former Edgewater Bank.
- Your new Visa® debit card from United will replace your current debit/ATM card from Edgewater Bank. Instructions will be included on how and when to activate and use your new debit card.
- Your new United checks will be mailed in a book of 25 and will replace your current checks issued by Edgewater Bank. Instructions will be included on how and when to use your new checks.
- Routing number—Following the completion of the system upgrade, please use United Federal Credit Union’s routing number 272484894 for Direct Deposits, automatic deposits, or withdrawals.
NOTE: Any pending or outstanding checks you have written using Edgewater Bank’s former routing number will continue to be processed as usual.
say 'yes' to United
We believe you deserve the best service experience possible, so we’ve made it easy for you to become a Member!
- Click Become a Member below and fill in some basic info
- Open a Membership Savings account — we’ll pay the initial $5 share for you!
- Enjoy access to more products, locations, and online/mobile services
Already have an account with United? Great! You are good to go and do not need to complete the process.
We know your finances are personal. That’s why the same familiar faces will be here to serve you and make this transition easier! Read further to learn more about United and what to expect this year.
Have a question about the system upgrade? Look below to find an answer to everything you need to know.
A: Simply put, we are updating the credit union’s main operating system to make your Member experience even better. By improving our processes, technology, and systems behind the scenes, we will be able to provide you with more efficient and frictionless service—whether you choose to bank with United in person or remotely.
A: The system upgrade is currently scheduled to take place in early October. During this time, many services will be limited or completely unavailable. Specific information will be communicated in future updates.
A: Some of the highlights you will see after the system upgrade is complete include:
- New Visa® debit card and new checks being mailed in September for use after the system upgrade
- More efficient service in-branch and online
- Mobile Check Deposit—deposit a check from your phone using the United app
- Low interest or rewards-based credit card options
- Easily apply for Mortgage loans
A: Yes! If you haven’t completed the process to become a United Member yet, click Become a Member to fill in some basic information and get started or visit your local branch for assistance.