october system upgrade
An update to make your experience better.
In order to make your Member experience even better, we are launching an exciting update to our main operating systems starting October 8th.
By improving our processes, technology, and systems behind the scenes, we will be able to provide you with more efficient and frictionless service-whether you choose to bank with United in person or remotely.
Are you a Former Edgewater Bank Customer?
During the system upgrade happening from Friday, October 8 through Monday, October 11, all former Edgewater accounts will fully transition to United accounts. Updates on your unique situation will be available on your login page.
Former Edgewater Customers
new online banking experience
A better Online and Mobile Banking experience is coming! Following the completion of the system upgrade, you will notice a few new perks to United’s digital offerings!
United Federal Credit Union Online, Mobile, and Voice Banking will be unavailable during the system upgrade. Our online chat service (Mya) will be available for general information only, but will not be able to assist with account-specific questions. Please do not issue wires or ACH transfers past this time and please schedule automatic bill payments by this date to ensure they are processed during the service interruption and paid on October 12. When United’s system upgrades are complete, you may login to Online and Mobile Banking using your same username and password. Voice Banking users will need to re-enroll in the service. Instructions will be available at UnitedFCU.com.
Branches and the Member Service Center will also be closed on Saturday, October 9 and Monday, October 11.
United Federal Credit Union’s online and in-person services are available. Some ATM services such as balance inquiry and transfers may continue to be unavailable for an extended period of time at some locations. Full transfer and transaction services will be available in-branch and online.
new to Online Banking
- Access to Zelle®: If you previously used United’s U Pay person-to-person system, you will need to enroll with Zelle® after October 11.
- Increased access to deposit information, including check images from in-branch transactions available for viewing in Online Banking.
A: Simply put, we are updating the credit union’s main operating system to make your Member experience even better. By improving our processes, technology, and systems behind the scenes, we will be able to provide you with more efficient and frictionless service—whether you choose to bank with United in person or remotely.
A: The system upgrade is currently scheduled to take place from Friday, October 8, 2021 through Monday, October 11, 2021. During this time, many services will be limited or completely unavailable.
A: You may experience different types of service interruptions beginning the evening of October 8. These interruptions include branch closures, limited ATM services, and no access to Online or Mobile Banking services.
- Online, Mobile, Voice and Text Banking will be completely offline and inaccessible beginning the evening of October 8, and will remain unavailable to Members until Tuesday, October 12.
- Branches and the Member Service Center will be closed beginning Saturday, October 9 and will remain unavailable to Members until Tuesday, October 12 for normal business hours.
- ATMs will be available for deposits and withdrawals only. Balance inquiries and transfers will be unavailable to Members beginning the evening of October 8. At some locations, full ATM services will remain unavailable for an extended period of time. Signs posted on the ATM will inform you of its service status. For full transaction and transfer services after October 11, use our in-branch or online services.
A: Transactions you make during the service interruption will continue as follows:
- Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Checks— Continue to use your debit and credit card or write checks as normal during the service interruption. Transactions might be delayed in posting to your account and balance inquiries will be temporarily unavailable. Make sure you check your account balance before October 8 and keep track of any transactions that occur during the interruption in service.
- Mailed Payments Payments sent to United Federal Credit Union by mail at PO Box 125, St. Joseph, MI 49085 will be processed as normal as they are received.
- Deposits and Transfers Only deposits and withdrawals will be available via ATMs during the service interruption. In-branch and Mobile Check Deposit will be unavailable until the system upgrade is complete. Full transfer and transaction services at some ATMs may be unavailable for an extended period of time. For full transaction and transfer services after October 11, use our in-branch or online services.
A: We understand that the service interruption during our system upgrade will cause inconveniences for Members in a number of ways—especially when it comes to balance inquiries and full access to your account information. Because of this, we will review all overdraft cases that occur during the service interruption on an individual basis and limit the Member impact as much as possible.
A: Yes! Our security measures will remain in place during the service interruption, and will not be impacted by the system upgrade process.
A: We understand that the service interruption could be challenging for you, especially during an urgent situation. Unfortunately, our employees will not have access to your accounts or to conduct transactions during this time. However, please send us a private message on Facebook and we can help explain options or other solutions that might be available to meet your need. Our ATMs will still be available for deposits and withdrawals.
A: Your monthly statement and mortgage statement will look the same following the system update. Please note: you will be mailed two separate October statements—one for transactions made between October 1-October 8 and a second statement for all other transactions made during the month. Please keep both statements for your records. October is the only month impacted, and statements will be generated in November as they have in the past.
If you receive an annual escrow analysis, you will be mailed two separate statements – one for disbursements that occurred through October 8 and one for all transactions that occur between October 9 and the end of your annual cycle and will reflect any overages or shortages as well as your new annual payment.
A: Some of the highlights you will see after the system update is complete include:
- More efficient service in-branch and online
- Access to Zelle® in Online Banking
- Increased access to deposit information, including check images from in-branch transactions available for viewing in Online Banking
check back soon
Our team continues to work hard to finalize all of the system upgrade details to limit the impact on our Members as much as possible. Please look for additional communications in the coming weeks, and check this page for the latest information!