get a little boost
See how U Boost Visa® is best for you.
Need something to help your credit score? Small and manageable card limits, low to no fees, and easy eligibility makes U Boost Visa® intended just for that.
- 18.00% APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances1
- $200 - $5,000 card limit
- secure line of credit
- ideal for Members with Poor or No credit standing
- requires a secured deposit to open an account
- no account fee
- no ACH payment fee
- no balance transfer fee3
- no cash advance fee
- no convenience fee
- no foreign transaction fee
- no over limit fee
- and more
- debt protection
- Roadside Dispatch®
- Identity Theft Protection
- 24/7 cardholder services
- Card Controls management app
- Sofar Sound
- and more
- low minimum payments of 2% outstanding balance or $20, whichever is greater
- auto-pay option
- use of nationwide ATMs
- digital wallet, contactless, and EMV chip transaction options
- 25-day interest free grace period on your purchases
good to know
A: You have three payment options to choose from:
- Use United’s Online and Mobile Banking systems to schedule recurring or one-time credit card payments electronically.
- Set up your bill pay service to automatic debit or transfer payments to your card.
- If making a payment by check, please include your payment stub with your check and mail to:
United Federal Credit Union
PO Box 2711
Omaha, NE 68103-2711
A: A cash advance is borrowing "cash" from your credit card. It is a short-term cash loan that you can access at a United branch or ATM. It's like withdrawing money from the ATM with your debit card, except the cash comes from your credit limit rather than your bank account balance. That means you have to pay it back with interest. Cash advances are more risky for a bank or credit union to loan out versus using your credit card to purchase an item. Because of this, cash advances don't have a grace period, meaning interest begins accruing on the balance as soon as the transaction is completed.
A: Cash advance interest is accrued from the date of advancement, regardless of when the advance is paid off, whereas purchase interest is not charged if the purchase is paid off within the statement cycle. Because the way each interest is determined is done differently, they are shown as two separate interest charges on the credit card statement.
A: Debt protection is an optional product that helps relieve the financial stress and worry related to making loan payments in the event of death, disability, and/or involuntary unemployment. This protection cancels a borrower's remaining loan balance in the event of death and loan payment(s) for a specific amount of time per occurrence in the event of the rest.
A: U Boost Visa® is not a rewards card. If you are looking for a card that earns points and rewards, try U Rewards Visa® Signature Credit Card from United.
still not sure?
Compare U Boost, U First, and U Rewards Visa® credit cards, learn about United, or contact us with your questions to make the decision easier.