tip the balance in your favor
See how U First Visa® is best for you.
You don’t have to watch your big balances pile up month after month. U First Visa® credit card from United is a simple way to lower your rate, fee free. No fluff or extras – here’s a secure credit line for your everyday purchases.
- new cardmember offer: 0% APR for the first 6 months on purchases and balance transfers1
- 9.99 - 18.00% APR on purchases and cash advances2
- 2% off purchase APR on all balance transfers3
- $500 - $50,000 card limit
- ideal for Members with Good credit standing
- no account fee
- no ACH payment fee
- no balance transfer fee3
- no cash advance fee
- no convenience fee
- no foreign transaction fee
- no over limit fee
- no replacement fee
- and more
- debt protection
- Roadside Dispatch®
- Identity Theft Protection
- optional Credit Life and Disability Insurance available
- 24/7 cardholder service
- cash advances available
- Sofar Sound
- and more
it needs saying again
No balance transfer fees.
A balance transfer is a type of credit card transaction in which debt is moved from one account to another. For example, moving the debt on a higher-interest credit card to a lower-interest credit card, which can save you money.
With a U First Visa® credit card, there is no balance transfer fee and 6-month introductory rate applies to balance transfers. Why is that important enough to state twice? Well, the benefits of consolidating debt include:
- multiple payments become one convenient payment
- eliminates higher interest rate debt, saving you money
- reduces the risk of late payments
- may improve your credit score
By moving those balances to United, you’ll only have to make one low monthly payment. Reducing your interest rate through consolidation allows you to pay more toward the principal balance each month.
If better terms and a lower rate sound good to you, call us at (888) 982-1400 or stop by a branch and we’ll help you get started.
Prepare for a balance transfer.
Be sure to have these on hand before you contact us:
- copy of most recent credit card statement
- name of payee/credit card
- mailing address of payee
- account or credit card number for payee
- amount of payoff
good to know
A: You have three payment options to choose from:
- Use United’s Online and Mobile Banking systems to schedule recurring or one-time credit card payments electronically.
- Set up your bill pay service to automatic debit or transfer payments to your card.
- If making a payment by check, please include your payment stub with your check and mail to:
United Federal Credit Union
PO Box 2711
Omaha, NE 68103-2711
Q: What is a cash advance?
A: A cash advance is borrowing "cash" from your credit card. It is a short-term cash loan that you can access at a United branch or ATM. It's like withdrawing money from the ATM with your debit card, except the cash comes from your credit limit rather than your bank account balance. That means you have to pay it back with interest. Cash advances are more risky for a bank or credit union to loan out versus using your credit card to purchase an item. Because of this, cash advances don't have a grace period, meaning interest begins accruing on the balance as soon as the transaction is completed.
A: Cash advance interest is accrued from the date of advancement, regardless of when the advance is paid off, whereas purchase interest is not charged if the purchase is paid off within the statement cycle. Because the way each interest is determined is done differently, they are shown as two separate interest charges on the credit card statement.
A: Debt protection is an optional product that helps relieve the financial stress and worry related to making loan payments in the event of death, disability, and/or involuntary unemployment. This protection cancels a borrower's remaining loan balance in the event of death and loan payment(s) for a specific amount of time per occurrence in the event of the rest.
A: Cash advances do not qualify for the promotional lower APR for the first 6 months.
A: U First Visa® is not a rewards card. If you are looking for a card that earns points and rewards, try U Rewards Visa® Signature Credit Card from United.
still not sure?
Compare U Boost, U First, and U Rewards Visa® credit cards, learn about United, or contact us with your questions to make the decision easier.