Learn About the American Consumer Council
The American Consumer Council (ACC) is an influential organization that has more than 100,000 members nationwide. Members of United Federal Credit Union who join the ACC never pay dues as long as they remain a Member of United Federal Credit Union – we pay them for you.
The ACC was founded in 1987 to ensure vital consumer needs are met and protected. The ACC does this by:
- Educating American consumers about the benefits of various products and services.
- Acting as a voice for consumer advocacy and economic wellness in the United States of America.
- Taking a business-friendly approach to advocacy, encouraging companies and manufacturers to get it right the first time.
- Applying marketplace pressure to ensure companies offer safe, reliable products and services.
- ACC provides most of its benefits through affiliated credit unions like United Federal Credit Union which have partnered with ACC to provide membership opportunities with credit unions as well as educational programs to help consumers make reliable choices. ACC members are also invited to nominate companies and organizations for “Friend of the Consumer” awards that ACC presents annually.
Learn More about the American Consumer Council