Imagine looking at your credit card statement and seeing charges you did not make. Not a good feeling! Here are a few simple steps to keep this from happening to you:
- Review your credit report – A quick viewing can tip you off to credit card transactions that are not yours, but on your report.
- Properly discard documents – Shredding your statements and credit card offers helps keep your personal information just that – personal!
- Carry less cards – Try carrying only one or two credit cards.
- Never write your PIN down – Memorize your PIN for safety.
- Keep on guard – Be careful when being asked for your credit card or social security numbers.
If your personal information falls into the wrong hands, identity thieves could wreak havoc on your credit, financial accounts and good name. Get the protection you need through the credit union you trust. Learn More